Thursday

Harry Connick Jr. , Your Songs, CD Review

I recently received the cd, Your Songs by Harry Connick. Jr for review. I have to say that the cd was not all that I had hoped it would be.I liked all of the songs featured on the cd but I did not like the way that he sang them. All of the songs on the cd were originally performed by other singers, including Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. Harry Connick, Jr. made each song his own. In this case this is not a good thing. I am a huge Elvis fan so his remake of Can't Help Falling in Love with You was no where near as good as the Elvis version. He managed to make each song sound pretty much exactly the same. I've heard all of the original versions of all of the songs that he sang on this cd and I just didn't like it. Even the music sounded about the same for each song. I wasn't a big Harry Connick, Jr. fan before receiving this cd and it definitely did not change my mind. His acting is very good but I do not like his music.

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):


All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
 
You can click here to see the making of the CD.
 
Harry’s Upcoming TV Appearances:


9/25 – Oprah “Live Friday”
9/28 – Today Show
9/29 – The View
9/30 – Imus in the Morning
9/30 – Letterman
10/1 – Today Show
Week of 10/5 – Rachael Ray

For more information you can click here to visit the Harry Connick, Jr. website or click here to visit the Harry Connick, Jr. Facebook.

2 comments:

Grizzly Bear said...

I LOVE Harry C. but that stinks that it isn't very good. Totally a Frank Sinatra and Elvis fan.

Grissell
stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com

Clueless_Mama said...

That is so funny how different people like different things, but it's a good thing. I loved this CD. I think he has a great voice, but I have always liked his music.

Kontera