Sunday

Joshua Bell, At Home with Friends, Album Review

I realize I am posting this review late but you all know that I've been extremely sick and I'm trying to get myself caught back up in just a few days. I received the Joshua Bell cd, At Home with Friends, and I was really excited to listen to it. I love classical music and I played the viola for a few years so I knew the cd would be great. I likeed the way that he plays with friends and there are some interesting combinations. I especially loved #12 featuring Regina Spektor. It was so beautiful with her singing and Joshua Bells playing the violin. It was a wonderful album full of beautiful music. Each song was completely different from the one before it which is always important to me when listening to a cd. There were wonderful slow songs and also happy, upbeat, fast songs that I loved too. I would definetly reccomend this cd to anyone who loves classical music.

 Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):


  1. I Loves You Porgy featuring Chris Botti, trumpet
  2. Come Again featuring Sting, vocals
  3. Oblivion featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
  4. Cinema Paradiso featuring Josh Groban, vocals
  5. Para Tí featuring Tiempo Libre, various
  6. My Funny Valentine featuring Kristin Chenoweth, vocals 

  7. Maybe So featuring Edgar Meyer Sam Bush and Mike Marshall, strings

  8. Grieg: Sonata No. 3 featuring Sergei Rachmaninoff (Zenph re-performance)
  9. Eleanor Rigby featuring Frankie Moreno, piano & vocals
  10. O, Cease Thy Maiden Fair featuring Nathan Gunn, baritone
  11. Il Postino featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
  12. Left Hand Song featuring Regina Spektor, piano & vocals
  13. Chovendo Na Roseira featuring Dave Grusin, piano
  14. Look Away featuring Edgar Meyer, bass and Chris Thile, mandolin
  15. Variant Moods: Duet for Sitar & Violin featuring Anoushka Shankar, sitar
  16. I'll Take Manhattan featuring Marvin Hamlisch, piano
  17. Left Hand featuring Regina Spektor, vocals
For more information on Joshua Bell, click on the following links:
Joshua’s website: http://www.joshuabell.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Joshua-Bell/62686889648?Ref=ts

No comments:

Kontera