Funky Monkey Snacks are freeze dried fruit - all natural, with no added sugar, preservatives, colors or flavors. They are gluten-free, wheat-free and dairy-free and mostly organic. There is three servings of fruit in every bag! I was given four bags in four different flavors: Bananamon (banana and cinnamon), Carnaval Mix (banana, pineapple, apple, papaya and raisins), Jivealime (pineapple and lime juice) and Purple Funk (banana and acai berries), in exchange for my honest review.
Carnival Mix. It is a mix of banana, pineapplie, apple, papaya and raisins. We loved! It was sweet and crunchy and made a great substitute for trail mix.
Next on our list of favorites was a tie between the Bananamon and the Jivealime. I thought that the Jivealime should should be the second best flavor. I love dried pineapple. It's sweet with a chewy center. I've used dried pinapple in place of candy many times when I was craving something sweet. Grant went with the Bananamon as his second choice because he loved the cinnamony flavor. This surprised me because he doesn't really like bananas. Chase was undecided between the two because he liked them both.
Our least favorite flavor was a unanimous decision, Purple Funk. I did not like it at all and Grant said it was just okay. It was hard to convince Chase to try it but he finally did and had to spit it out. I think it was hard for him to get over the look of the little banana chips with all the acai berries covering the top of them. It looked almost like someone burnt the tops of all of the chips. The flavor was not bad, just different from any other dried fruit that I've ever tried. We eat a lot of dried fruit for a healthy snack but I don't think the acai flavor is one that I could get use to.
You can order them through Amazon by CLICKING HERE.
One lucky person can win one bag of each of the four flavors mentioned in my review. For the first, mandatory entry leave me a comment about which flavor you think will taste the best. You can do any or all of the things in the list below to get additional entries. Please leave seperate comments for everything you do from of the list.
This giveaway is open to the US only and ends on Nov. 25, 2009.
- follow on Google (right sidebar)
- follow on Networked Blogs(right sidebar)
- subscribe by email and confirm your subscription
- favorite my blog on Technorati (very top of the page)
- add my link to your blogroll, leave link in your comment (5 bonus entries)
- grab my button, leave link in your comment (5 bonus entries)
- follow me on Twitter, leave Twitter name in your comment
- add me on Facebook, leave Facebook name in your comment
- write about this giveaway on your own site with a link back to me, leave link in your comment (ten bonus entries)
- friend me on Digg, leave your Digg name in your comment
- submit this post to Reddit (link is below)
- Stumble this post on Stumble Upon (link is below this)
- submit this post to Delicious (link is below this)
- share this post on Facebook (link is below this)
- join my Facebook Fan Page (right side bar)
- Retweet this post (button is at beginning of this post)